Through our Personal Career Planning programme, pupils are encouraged to:
- Reflect on their strengths, personal qualities, aspirations and aptitudes;
- Research information relating to a wide range of career opportunities;
- Use labour market information to help inform their career planning;
- Explore progression routes to Further/Higher Education and employment;
- Consider a range of options and make realistic choices;
- Actively participate in workshops/programmes hosted by Young Enterprise;
- Learn from professional speakers from industry and employment;
- Attend Open Days and Careers conventions/fairs;
- Attend any organised talks relating to their areas of interest;
- Engage in a period of meaningful work experience;
- Attend mock interviews;
- Choose the pathway in which they are most likely to experience success.
Links with Employers and the Business Community
The Careers and Employability programmes are greatly enriched by the involvement of employers and the business community. We have developed very effective links and we listen carefully to what the employability needs of local employers are. We use this information to help inform our curriculum.